Friday, March 2, 2012

...so here I am playing catch up!


Thursday - Red lentil and spinach dhal
Friday - Gozleme with lamb, olives and preserved lemon (thanks Harry!)
Saturday - Roast with in-laws
Sunday - Home made pizza
Monday - Healthy Carbonara
Tuesday - Curried egg salad
Wednesday - Mung-bean Frittata


Here are some 'what CAN I find in the house to feed everyone' solutions from this week...


Baby gets...carrot, tomato, spinach, quinoa and mung beans. I will grate some Parmesan and Cheddar cheese on top when I feed it to her. Not pretty, but some goodness in there, I might join her with the one spoon for you, one spoon for mummy thing! 


The bigger kids have Apple & Maple Muffins for their lunch box treats:
(again, not going to win any awards for pretty...)


2 2/3 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 egg whites
1 cup chopped apple

Mix dry, then mix wet, then combine. Bake at around 180 for 20ish minutes.
I put at maple icing on top at the kids request...thanks mum:D
I plan to try these without the sugar next time and I used wholemeal flour.






1 comment:

  1. The red lentil and spinach dahl looked pretty good....the apple and maple muffins look great as well. :)

    ReplyDelete