Monday, February 20, 2012

THE GO TO 13 - Shopping without thinking!


This week I'm tired of writing shopping lists as long as my arm and back tracking all over the supermarket looking for ingredients I forgot on my first go around...
This week I'm going to SIMPLIFY
                                                                         SIMPLIFY
                                             
                                            SIMPLIFY...*exhale*

...and I invite you to join me.

Here is this weeks shopping list:


Fruit & Veg
Tinned tomatoes
Cheese
Milk
Bread
Yoghurt
Rice
Stock
Legumes / pulses
Oil
Eggs
Herbs / spices
Nuts / seeds

I am affectionately calling them THE GO TO 13...
by next week they may be the never going there 13 depending on how this all goes:D

It works like this:

Buy these things - only these things, any version or substitution is ok, depending on your preferences - even meat eaters could change legumes / pulses to meat I suppose...
Cook up 7 nightly meals and blog your creative expressions of said ingredients!
I would love someone else to give it a go (for completely selfish reasons...that would give me twice the ideas for half the work!)

Please leave me a comment below if you want to join me and I'll link to your blog.
Recipes & ideas all received warmly!
Wish me luck:) my shopping day is Thursday and I will post my menu as usual on Thursday for Project Food Budget.

5 comments:

  1. Okay. I'll give it a go starting Friday! Is Tofu included?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! ...and sure, tofu. bean curd, soy milk...i'd say they fit the bill:) u can of course interpret the list anyway u like.

      Delete
    2. Would love to, but my brain hurts....can't possibly give thought to meals more than 1/2 hour in advance...you'll have to train me ;-)

      Delete
  2. tonight's meat free Monday meal (on a Tuesday)- pumpkin pearl barley risotto. Add tsp olive oil, red onion, garlic and basil to a heavy base pan, saute for 5 mins. Mix thru 1 cup of raw pearl barley- you can soak it first if you want to make it softer.add 2 cups vege stock and simmer for about 20 mins until the liquid is almost gone,add 200g grated pumpkin, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1/2 cup corn, saute 5 mins. Add 200g baby spinach, saute for 3 mins, sprinkle with pinenuts, parsley and 2 tblesp parmesan cheese- YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete